Here’s the first of my “Ten Days” posts. Just to let you know, this is the list that the posts follow, in case you too want to follow Sara’s example and participate:
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself that most people don’t know.
Day Three: Eight things you couldn’t live without.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you could change or you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.
1) To my sister, Jo: Be careful. You have so much going for you in life. You’re young, beautiful, educated and charismatic. Don’t throw your life away. Don’t take things for granted. Work hard, make good decisions and make the most of your life. And, I’m proud of you.
2) To “Lou”: You’re not going to be famous. Get over it. We’re all tired of hearing about your ambitions to be the next Jennifer Love Hewitt or the next Taylor Swift or whatever. If you’re too old to be cast in reality TV, you’re probably too old to become a celebrity of any sort.
3) To Brittany (Law School Wife): I miss reading your blog and hope you and your husband are off to a great new school year and an amazing new part of your lives.
4) To my friend L: You’ll find a great guy, and someone that’s lucky to have you. I’m proud of you for the wise decisions you’ve made this year. You are an amazing person and I’m lucky to have you in my life. And, don’t worry – you’re young. You’ll meet someone. You’re only 26!
5) To Natalie @ Tripping in Heels – I love both your blogs and you’re one of my favorites. Glad to get to know another Texas girl.
6) To Kate @ M.D. Like Me – I’m glad that you weren’t freaked out by meeting me in person. And I’m filled with admiration for career choices and the thought that you put into helping people.
7) To the Mavericks: PLEASE don’t ruin my life again this year by losing to the Spurs in the playoffs. Or ever.
8) To the guy who invented the Lingerie Football League: You are one sick sickie. Gag.
9) To my husband: You are the very, very best person I know. You make me laugh. And, I secretly think it’s cute how you watch little clips of Jersey Shore in between ESPN marathons, even though I roll my eyes at you. And how you like candy corn pumpkins now.
To Jamie @ Jamie’s JD and E @ New Teacher, New Wife – you are my favorite new blog friends. I love having ya’ll’s tweets to amuse me during the day and break up the monotony of work. I love that you guys are so friendly, even though we’ve never actually met.
So, there’s my first post. I also have lots of things to say about Sister Wives, but that will have to wait til another day when I have more time on my hands!