Since this blog is intended to tell you all how we’re doing as a law school family, I will interrupt the usual scheduled snark and angst to provide a few updates on Ducks and school:
1) In the middle of the big legal research and writing memo. I have read some of the cases for the memo, all of which are focused around the Fourth Amendment and the Fourteenth amendment. It’s really very interesting to read about people being abused. However, because I am not required to be very serious all the time with the reading, I just start thinking about the movie “Hollywood Homicide” and the way the one guy kept screaming “Police brutality” and running from Josh Hartnett. That’s pretty much all I remember from that move, because the only reason Jo and I went to see it was…for Josh Hartnett.
By the way, what has happened to him these days? Where is he?
2) Ducks has been studying a lot. He gets up and goes to school early in the morning – like 5 a.m. I stay in bed until 6:45 (super lazy). Then, he studies all day and comes home late. Sad.
3) Basketball has somewhat infringed upon study time. College basketball season is officially upon us, which means two games a week. Add to that the fact that college football is not yet over, and that’s a tremendous amount of sports-watching to do each week in addition to memos and outlining and reading sports message boards and managing fantasy football and basketball, that’s a lot stuff for one poor little law student to handle.
4) Our workouts have gone downhill this week. It’s been pretty sad. We usually try to go everyday and have been pretty successful, but the past few weeks have been super-slacker-y. For Ducks, he has an excuse. He’s studying. But, me? No excuses. I’ve only been ONCE. And today is Friday, people. I’m going to blame this week on the headache because I did feel pretty miserable for two days with it, but yesterday, there was no excuse, except, “It was cold and I didn’t want to go outside.” I resolve to be better this weekend.
5) We’re getting ready to buckle down for finals. Ducks’ last torts class is today. His last classes, period, are Tuesday. That means — finals are here. Study time is crucial. Thanksgiving is cancelled. And, Harry Potter shall not be watched until December 11. Also, I have a cold and I am very scared that I may have given it to him and it may impeded his study abilities. I should go buy him vitamins asap (that probably should have been its own numbered point but I only wanted five things in the list).
So, there’s the law school update. Now, we can go back to focusing on things that are interesting to me. 🙂
How are y’all doing?