Ha – thanks everyone for the advice on the towels – I’ll have to take a pic when I get them back. Still trying to decide on a color. Which is how much of a spoiled brat I am. My most pressing life issue is assuredly what would be categorized as either a “white girl problem” or a “first world problem,” whichever category you want to go with. But, a-n-y-w-a-y, your advice was still crucial to my day.
And now, friends, please welcome to the blog….
(I searched for an appropriate graphic to include here, but apparently googling the word spring break has become an invitation to soft-porn-land, so that didn’t work out. We’re definitely going nowhere that includes wet t-shirt contests, so really not applicable.)
I am so happy for this week to have finally gotten here. We’re not doing anything really, not going here
But I don’t care. I didn’t want to go ANYWHERE. I just wanted a break! I’m not even going to be off the whole week (taking off Wednesday forward), but that’s okay.
Ducks not having school means:
– No Sunday rush to pack lunches for the week and prep dinners
– No hurry to go to the grocery store
– FINALLY having time to buy a bed, get him new glasses, get our garage door fixed and a hundred other things that have been on hold
– Being able to socialize. The past month or so has been socially limited for us, because he’s been so busy with a brief, midterms, etc. And it’s been making me really crabby, or as I told Abbey, in midlife crisis mode. I should probably expound on this later, as it’s part of the whole being super spoiled thing too….I’ll blog about that on one of my DAYS OFF this week! Anyway though, last night we went to Dave and Buster’s with some law school friends and it was just so nice to hang out together and go out with friends without having to worry about what he had due or what time we needed to go to bed (Ducks is a stickler for going to bed early on school nights). It was like being young again!
– Not cleaning my house. Usually I spend one day during the weekend getting everything cleaned up, taking care of laundry, etc., and I’m not doing any of that this week – bahahahahha! 😉 Actually, I’ll still have to do it, but it won’t be rushed.
So, can you tell I’m excited?! What are your plans if your school’s are on break too? Or, when’s your next break coming up?
(all photos are from Internet sources and are linked back to those sources as attribution)